The internet is crowded.
Messages stream by a million a minute. And everyone wants to be heard.
Flamboyant headlines vie for attention. Like a cheap watch, though, the gold is fake and thin.
You promise yourself never to fall for their unfounded promises again:
Crush it! Wipe out all the competitors with these 5 Easy Steps TODAY!
Drawing attention is one thing. Deserving it is quite another.
Here’s what I’m thinking: Social media participation does not give you a megaphone, it gives you a headset.
- Listen to your customers, your audience
- Be helpful and provide what they need (when you can)
- Don’t make outrageous promises to gain attention (then fail to deliver)
- Be someone people can count on to stay grounded and real
- Focus on what you do best and stop shouting at everyone you meet… we will listen (if you will)